Lanyon Holiday park terms and conditions
We are a quiet family campsite and require all music to be turned off and voices to be kept down from 10pm onwards. Guests who do not adhere to this rule will be asked to leave.
This clause explains when you, or we, may cancel or agree to postpone your holiday due to Government restrictions. We prefer that you postpone but will always allow you to cancel where the law gives you the right to do so.
The rights in this clause are additional to any other rights either of us may have in our terms and conditions.
We promise to keep all our customers safe. We ask you not to book if the law prevents you visiting or staying with us, or if Government guidance means that you should not visit or stay with us even if the law still allows you to. Our promise also means that there are limited circumstances in which we may need to cancel your holiday.
Either of us has the right to cancel your holiday, or any full unused days, if the law prevents you from visiting or staying with us due to government lockdown. If your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking in full* less any costs we have already incurred on your holiday which we cannot recover elsewhere (“*Direct Costs”). If your holiday has started, then we will refund in full* any full days unused when we cancel, again less any Direct Costs. We will not charge an administration fee.
*Direct costs include a 3% fee to cover payment processing and refund fees that are charged to us by our bank and payment provider for every payment taken and refund processed*
*If you make a booking via a 3rd party website we are not able to credit or refund the fees that are kept by that website as their booking fees (usually the first 15% of your booking) that's why it’s always best to book direct*
If you have to cancel your stay with us for any other reason our standard cancellation policy applies and you must have your own insurance policy to reimburse you. There are now insurance companies who will cover cancellations due to covid if you have to isolate because of positive test, we recommend you take out an insurance policy to cover this scenario.
Prior to your arrival you will receive an email from us asking if you or any of your family members have displayed any covid symptoms in the last 14 days or if you have been contacted by the test and trace team. If the answer is yes then you must follow government advice and self-isolate at home and not travel to us for your holiday.
If you have not taken out an independent insurance policy to cover a last minute cancellation due to self-isolation or positive test then we may be able to offer a credit for a future holiday IF we are able to re-let your pitch, it is therefore in your interest to let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to travel to give us maximum time to try and re-let the pitch.
If when you are staying with us you or any of your family / group members start to display covid symptoms then you must travel home immediately. If you are unable to do this and need to isolate in our accommodation then you will be liable to pay the additional cost for the rental for additional days you require to stay.
If this means we have to cancel a booking that was meant to arrive after you then the amount you will need to pay must cover the refund that we will be required to give the cancelled guest. For example: if you only need to stay an additional 7 nights but we had to cancel a 14 night booking you will be required to cover the 14 night stay that we have to refund the other guest.
If at any point throughout your stay it is brought to our attention that you or one of your family / group members are breaking the social distancing rules we will be enforcing a one strike rule and will initially give you a polite verbal warning. If it is brought to our attention a second time, then you and your entire family / group will be asked to leave. This is not something that we want to do as we are generally a laid-back campsite but we must put the safety of our other guests and staff first.
If you use a discount code intended for our previous customers and we find out you have not actually stayed with us before then we reserve the right to remove all discounts from your booking.
Special requirements will be taken into consideration but cannot be guaranteed.
1. All bookings are for holidays only and must be secured by an adult over the age of 18 who is part of the holiday party with a minimum non refundable 25% deposit at the time of booking (static caravans require 25% deposit); we do not provisionally hold any bookings without payment.
2. Full balances for self catering caravans & lodges are required 6 weeks prior to first arrival date, touring & camping 4 weeks prior to first arrival date.
3. If your balance payment due date has passed and we have not heard from you we reserve the right to cancel your booking in order to re-sell the dates, deposits paid will not be refunded.
4. We do not operate a cancellation scheme; once payment has been received no refunds will be given on deposits or full balances. Holiday cancellation insurance is the responsibility of the customer.
5. However depending on circumstances of cancellation we may allow you to transfer a portion of what you have paid towards another holiday in the same year or the following year:
5a. Touring & camping cancellations more than 4 weeks prior to first day of arrival can transfer their deposit (minus an £18 admin fee).
5b. Touring and camping cancellations between 2 and 4 weeks prior to first day of arrival can transfer 50% of their total balance paid minus an (£18 admin fee).
5c. Touring and camping cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to first arrival day no money will be transferrable.
5d. Self catering cancellations more than 6 weeks prior to first day of arrival can transfer their deposit (minus an £18 admin fee).
5e. Self catering cancellations between 3 and 6 weeks prior to first day of arrival can transfer 50% of their total balance paid minus an (£18 admin fee).
5f. Self catering cancellations less than 3 weeks prior to first arrival day no money will be transferrable.
5g. For any bookings made by 3rd party websites (like pitchup and campsites) bookings the first 15% will be taken off any deposits or balances paid first as this money is kept by them as a booking fee
6. If Lanyon has to cancel a confirmed booking the deposit paid and any other payments will be returned in full (unless we are cancelling due to balance payment not being received on time). We accept no responsibility for any incidental or consequential loss that may arise due to the cancellation of a confirmed booking and our liability will only extend to the amount of deposit and fees already paid by the customer.
7. Written confirmation of bookings is always sent via email or post, it is the customer’s responsibility to check all information is correct and inform us of any changes.
8. You can change the date do your holiday free of charge up to 7 days after your initial booking has been made unless your arrival is less than 4 weeks away. After this then cancellation terms 5 a, b & c will apply. (this will not affect anyone extending their holiday if the initial dates booked stay the same).
9. Customers are able to request particular pitches; however these are not guaranteed, Lanyon reserves the right to re-locate pitches if required without prior notice to the customer.
10. Maximum touring / camping pitch occupancy must not exceed 6 people. Maximum self-catering accommodation occupancy must not exceed the berth stated at the time of booking. If the customer exceeds these limits they may be required to leave the site or pay for an additional pitch/accommodation if available.
11. At the time of booking you must inform us of your unit type and size, everything must fit within your pitch boundary including your car and any extra’s booked.
12. One unit per pitch, we will allow an additional pup tent (maximum 2x2m) but if you have 2 full size tents you must book 2 separate pitches unless you are booking one of our gold large or extra-large pitches that can accommodate 2 units.
13. If on arrival your equipment is different to that booked or the number of persons are in excess of that booked Lanyon reserves the right to (a) restrict the units, extras / persons allowed to use the pitch or (b) allocate an additional pitch or large pitch if available at the appropriate cost, or to cancel the booking at that time in which case all money paid will be forfeited.
14. No refunds are given where the customer decides to leave the park before the end of their booking
15. If we believe that you have left early with no intention of returning, we reserve the right to re-let your pitch. You will not be entitled to a refund and the balance will be deemed as a penalty charge.
16. Lanyon is a family park and caters for families and couples only where the booking member is over 18 and is part of the holiday party, this person is responsible for the entire group adhering to all booking conditions. We do not accept group bookings or workmen unless by prior arrangement.
17. If the customer does not arrive on the booked date of arrival, without prior notice, then Lanyon reserves the right to cancel their booking after 9am on the following day and re-let their pitch. Any payments received will be deemed a penalty charge.
18. Bookings are not transferable to any other person.
19. The customer agrees that they and all their party as well as any visitors will abide by the park rules, failure to do so may result in the offending person or the entire party being required to leave the park. Should this occur no refund of fees paid will be made.
20. Speed limits are set for the safety of all our visitors, please adhere to these.
21. Friends and family are welcome to visit but they must sign in at reception on arrival to provide their car registration details and pay the appropriate daily fees.
22. Customers are requested to respect the peace and enjoyment of fellow guests and sleeping children especially after 10pm.
23. BBQ’s are permitted but must be raised off the ground so the grass does not get burnt, bricks and slabs are provided at each water point if you cannot find any please ask a member of staff and we will get more.
24. Campfires are allowed but they MUST be in a self contained fire pit on legs and raised off the ground using bricks/slabs and a safe distance from yours and everyone else’s tents caravans/awnings.
25. All fires to be put out safely before you go to sleep.
26. No hot coals, wood or disposable BBQ’s to be put in or anywhere near the bins, please ask a member of staff where to dispose of these safely.
27. The customer confirms that this is a recreational or holiday visit to Lanyon. You cannot work from the site.
28. No commercial or sign written vehicles permitted on site unless pre authorised by management.
29. Rallies and group bookings are permitted by pre arrangement only at least 1 month in advance.
30. The customer confirms that all vehicles and other items of equipment brought on to the park are maintained to proper safety standards and that the customer holds appropriate insurance including third party cover.
31. Any disturbance which is a nuisance to others, including the prohibited use of generators, may result in being asked to leave the site without a refund of any moneys paid.
32. Dogs must be kept on leads at all times except in the designated dog walk areas, please pick up after them, place in a sealed bag in the bins provided. No dogs in the toilet blocks, launderette or play park.
33. In cases where pets are permitted in self catering accommodation please ensure your pet is kept off beds and seating areas, where possible please bring your own pet basket.
34. Pets must not be left unattended anywhere on the park without a responsible adult to look after them; this includes self catering accommodation, tents, vehicles caravans & motorhomes. Maximum 2 dogs permitted per booking.
35. Pillows, duvets & mattress protectors are provided in all our holiday accommodation however, it is compulsory that visitors use pillow slips, bottom sheets and duvet covers. Please bring these with you or hire them from us at an additional charge. In the Lodges bed linen is provided free of charge.
36. Towels are not provided in any of our accommodations.
37. We respectfully ask customers to leave holiday accommodation and touring / camping pitches in the same way as they found them on arrival. All breakages must be reported and paid for.
38. A £50 damage / extra-cleaning deposit is payable by card for all self-catering accommodations. This is refunded after departure if the accommodation is left the way you found it. If you have a pet we do expect you to use the vacuum cleaner provided.
39. All of our holiday accommodations are ‘No Smoking’ units.
40. The proprietors or their representatives reserve the right to enter all accommodations at any reasonable time.
41. The proprietors cannot accept responsibility of any personal injury or loss/damage to persons and / or property however caused.
42. Parents or guardians are responsible for the safety and well-being of children in their charge, especially on the play areas and swimming pool at Lanyon.
43. Swimming pool rules must be followed. There is no lifeguard on duty, lone swimmers are not permitted no matter what their age or swimming ability. All children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
44. Swimming pool is open from 1st April – September 30th
46. Holiday accommodation check in is from 4pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10am on departure day.
47. Touring and camping check in is from 1pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 11am. Late departures may be available at an additional charge if your pitch is not booked. Please note you cannot pre-book a late departure, if you need to guarantee a late departure you must book an extra night.
48. Touring and camping arrivals are not permitted to arrive after dark or 9pm whichever is first. Please advise us in advance if you intend to arrive after 6pm.
49. Please inform us of any problems that occur during your stay as we regret that we cannot rectify complaints once you have left the park.
50. The owners & management reserve the right to deny access or eject any persons who in their opinion are in breach of booking conditions.
51. Whilst every care is taken to ensure that the details in this website, including any promotional emails, are correct at time of being published, we cannot accept responsibility for errors contained therein or results thereof. We are not responsible to you for unforeseen events or matters over which we have no control.
52. Whilst we do our best to ensure that all offer information is up to date and accurate, very occasionally some advertised short breaks may not always be available on all the dates advertised. Please enquire when booking.
53. All online prices/bookings are subject to verification by the management within 5 working days. In the unlikely event that a price/booking is incorrect or does not comply with booking conditions you will have the option of accepting an adjustment or cancelling without penalty.
54. All prices shown are in UK pounds sterling.
55. All prices are inclusive of VAT