covid 19 & opening our campsite safely
We are sorry to say that our on-site bar & restaurant in now closed permanently.
We are currently open and accepting bookings for tents, caravans & motorhomes. Our toilet & shower facilities are open but with a limit to the number of people allowed inside at any one time.
*Information are subject to change when more government guidance is released.
What we are doing to keep you safe
- We have introduced a full self check in procedure so you do not need to come into contact with a member of staff, unless of course you need us then you can just give us a call. Our self check in information will be provided to you by email a few days prior to arrival.
- Our reception will remain closed but staff will still be available if you need us. An on call mobile number will be displayed in the reception window.
- We have made sure that there is the recommended social distance between all of our pitches, we already have big hedges between all of our electric pitches so that part was easy and we have marked on the ground the distance to be kept on our non-electric pitches.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance to all of our facilites.
- Our toilet and shower facilities will be open but there will be a limit to the amount of people allowed inside at one time and we will be asking you to queue outside (remember your waterproofs we are still in England). We have developed a homemade traffic light system so you know how many people are inside and if you need to wait outside before entering.
- The cleaning regime for our toilet facilities will be stepped up and frequent touch points will be disinfected as well as cleaned.
- Non essential tourist information & leaflets will be removed.
- The swimming pool is open for all guests to use as of Monday 19th July 2021.
- The children's play park will be open with hand sanitiser available at the entrance and it will be up to parents to make sure their children stick to the social distancing of other users.
- If you are staying in one of our static caravans we have amended our check out time to 9.30am and check in time to 5pm.
- Also in our static caravans we will no longer be offering bed linen as an extra, you must bring this with you.
- We will also be enforcing a 'no visitors' rule, only those who are booked to stay on site will be allowed on site. If you are coming to visit friends or family members who live locally it is important that you visit them at their home instead of them visiting you on site.
- If it is brought to our attention that anyone on site is putting others at risk by not following the social distancing rules then we will be enforcing a one strike rule by giving guests a polite warning and asking them to be aware and follow site rules then if it is brought to our attention a second time we will be asking those guest to leave the site. This is not something that we want to do as we are generally a very laid back campsite but this will be necessary to keep our other guests and staff safe.
- Due to the reduced contact between staff and guests you will be receiving additional emails from us prior to arrival, prior to departure and after your departure. We ask that you take the time to read these emails carefully as the information on them is extremely important.
what you can do to help us
- Please do not travel if you or anyone in your household has any covid-19 symptoms or if you have been contacted by the governments 'test and trace' team.
- If when you are staying with us you or any of your family members start to display any covid-19 symptoms you must alert a staff member immediately and you and your whole group / family must travel home to get tested and self isolate at home.
- Walk freely on the park but at all times keeping your distance from other guests and staff.
- Please make sure your children know the rules and you know where they are at all times.
- Wash your hands regularly and use the provided hand sanitiser when you enter any of our facilities.
- Pay attention to the signs outside of each of the toilet blocks and adhere to the maximum number of persons allowed inside at once, we will not be policing this so it is up to all guests to make sure you are following the rules.
- Please be aware of the limited number of people allowed into the facilities at once and keep your time inside at a minimum to reduce queueing.
- If you have your own facilities, where possible try to use these the ease the congestion at the communal facilities - this could also include brushing your teeth at your tent.
- Bring additional soap, hand gel, gloves, toilet roll & disinfectant - just to be on the safe side.
- Bring as much food & drinks supplies with you as possible to reduce congestion in local shops.
- If staying in one of our static caravans we will ask you to open all windows and empty all bins prior to departure.
Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
This clause explains when you, or we, may cancel or agree to postpone your holiday due to Government restrictions. We prefer that you postpone but will always allow you to cancel where the law gives you the right to do so.
The rights in this clause are additional to any other rights either of us may have in our terms and conditions.
We promise to keep all our customers safe. We ask you not to book if the law prevents you visiting or staying with us, or if Government guidance means that you should not visit or stay with us even if the law still allows you to. Our promise also means that there are limited circumstances in which we may need to cancel your holiday.
Either of us has the right to cancel your holiday, or any full unused days, if the law prevents you from visiting or staying with us due to government lockdown. If your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking in full* less any costs we have already incurred on your holiday which we cannot recover elsewhere (“*Direct Costs”). If your holiday has started, then we will refund in full* any full days unused when we cancel, again less any Direct Costs. We will not charge an administration fee.
*Direct costs include a 3% fee to cover payment processing and refund fees that are charged to us by our bank and payment provider for every payment taken and refund processed*
*If you make a booking via a 3rd party website we are not able to credit or refund the fees that are kept by that website as their booking fees (usually the first 15% of your booking) that's why it’s always best to book direct.
If you have to cancel your stay with us for any other reason our standard cancellation policy applies and you must have your own insurance policy to reimburse you. There are now insurance companies who will cover cancellations due to covid if you have to isolate because of a positive test, we recommend you take out an insurance policy to cover this scenario.
Prior to your arrival you will receive an email from us asking if you or any of your family members have displayed any covid symptoms or if you have been contacted by the test and trace team. If the answer is yes then you must follow government advice and self-isolate at home and not travel to us for your holiday.
If when you are staying with us you or any of your family / group members start to display covid symptoms then you must travel home immediately. If you are unable to do this and need to isolate in our accommodation then you will be liable to pay the additional cost for the rental for additional days you require to stay.
If this means we have to cancel a booking that was meant to arrive after you then the amount you will need to pay must cover the refund that we will be required to give the cancelled guest. For example: if you only need to stay an additional 7 nights but we had to cancel a 14 night booking you will be required to cover the 14 night stay that we have to refund the other guest.
If at any point throughout your stay it is brought to our attention that you or one of your family / group members are breaking the social distancing rules we will be enforcing a one strike rule and will initially give you a polite verbal warning. If it is brought to our attention a second time, then you and your entire family / group will be asked to leave. This is not something that we want to do as we are generally a laid-back campsite but we must put the safety of our other guests and staff first.